My Paleo Marin
A Culinary Adventure Into a Paleo-Inspired Diet
Sunday, February 15, 2015
Cat-in-the-Hat Paleo Pet Treats
Image courtesy of www.tomatoknits.com
The sun did not come out,
It was too wet to play
So we stayed in the house
All that c
old, damp, wet day.
I have a thought, I said
I know what we can do!
Let's make some Pet Treats*
And they'll all be for You!
Pottery by Anu Vaughan
1 6 oz. can pink salmon or tuna, packed in water, no salt added, drained
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 large egg
2 tablespoons homemade chicken bone broth,
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 heaping tablespoon dried catnip (can be omitted for dog treats)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a food processor, add the fish, flour, egg, broth or oil, and catnip.
2. Pulse until it all comes together in a paste.
3. Roll 1/2 teaspoon balls to place on a cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork.
4. Bake cookies for about 12 - 15 minutes, until they are slightly browned and dry on top.
5. Let cool. To serve: for cats, crumble treat into wet food and mix; for dogs, give as you would any treat.
Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.
*Recipe adapted from
#paleo #cats #dogs #treats
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post Comments (Atom)