- Toast 3/4 cup pecans for 10 minutes at 350 F;
- Whip two egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter until soft peaks form;
- Add 1/2 cup cane sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom; whip 2-3 minutes until stiff peaks form;
- Gently fold in chopped pecans, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup dried cherries;
- Drop 2” balls onto foil-lined cookie sheet;
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 5 minutes; turn off heat and leave to finish overnight (or at least 8 hours).
3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract if not available )
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cherries
#meringues #glutenfree #dairyfree #cookies
Recipe from November Food and Wine Magazine.