1 - 14 ounce can of Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream Extra Thick & Rich, turned upside down and refrigerated overnight, or other full fat coconut milk
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (for a more kid-friendly cocoa, use Hershey’s cocoa, or personal preference)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon chocolate liqueur, or other liqueur (optional; omit for kid-friendly and paleo diet)
1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar
For Whipped Cream Topping:
1 - 14 ounce can of Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream Extra Thick & Rich (seems to work the best), turned upside down and refrigerated overnight
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon agave syrup
For other toppings: your choice of chopped lightly-toasted walnuts, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, ground red chili pepper, ground cardamom, raspberries, strawberries, etc.
1. Remove the lid of the refrigerated coconut can, scrape out the solid coconut cream, and put it in a medium-sized bowl. Whip the coconut cream with an electric hand mixer until it forms soft peaks.
2. Add the vanilla and liqueur (if using). Continue whipping until the cream thickens; add the agave syrup until just sweet enough.
3. Fold in the cocoa powder with a spatula. Taste for vanilla and liqueur; drizzle a bit of agave if more sweetness is desired. A little agave makes a good texture for the mousse; too much causes it to collapse, so use sparingly.
4. Whip it all together again. Taste.
5. Spoon the mousse into serving bowls, ramekins, or glasses.
6. If topping with whipped coconut cream, scrape out the solid part of the second refrigerated coconut cream can and whip the cream with a mixer. Add the vanilla and agave to taste. Whip to mix it all together and form stiff peaks.
7. Finish with toppings of your choice. Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour to 1 hour. Enjoy.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from food 52.com “Foolproof Coconut Milk Chocolate Mousse.”'
#paleo #dessert #chocolate #mousse #lowcarb #non-dairy #glutenfree #nomnomnom