Paleo focuses on anti-inflammatory ingredients; Pinch of Nom holds the line on fat. This recipe merged the two philosophies and resulted in a very healthy dish that really makes you appreciate how much flavor fat adds to a dish.
This post is offered as a non-inflammatory, nut free, legume free, soy free, dairy free, gluten free, low fat, weight loss dish. No tofu; no egg; no peanuts. Instead, chopped celery and radish sprouts.
If I haven't lost you by now, visually the dish is beautiful, and the turmeric-soaked noodles are a good way to incorporate this ayurvedic spice in your diet and possibly do something good for your brain.*
My Paleo Marin Rating: 2 Persimmons
6 oz. dried rice noodles
3 tablespoons turmeric
Pot of boiling water
3 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons Red Boat fish sauce, or Tamari for vegan
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 bunch of broccolini, stems removed
3/4 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup green onions, sliced on the diagonal
3/4 cup radish sprouts
1 - 2 limes, cut in wedges
1. To prep the noodles: Fill a bowl (preferably non-staining) with boiling water. Add the turmeric and mx. Place the dry noodles in the water and stir with a fork. Let sit for about 10 minutes, until the noodles soften. Drain and set aside.
2. To make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and sugar until combined. Add the coconut sugar, coconut aminos and fish sauce or Tamari, whisk and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok to medium heat. Add the broccolini and stir for about a minute. Turn down to medium, cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes. The broccolini should still be bright green.
4. Add the celery and stir for about a minute. Add the sauce to coat all the veggies. Mix in the drained noodles to warm them up.
5. To serve, sprinkle green onions and radish sprouts on top. Serve with lime wedges.
*For a discussion of turmeric from the NBC News Diet & Fitness site, see "Is Turmeric Good for You? It's complicated" here.
For some great ideas on using turmeric in your diet, see the website Being Co here. Also check out their Instagram page.
#paleo #stirfry #turmeric #ricenoodles #broccolini #sprouts #asian #fishsauce #tamari #vegan #coconutaminos #coconut #coconutsugar #antiinflammatory #ayurvedic #pescatarian #lowfat #slimmingworld #pinchofnom #101cookbooks #healthyeats #brainhealth #beingco #being_co
My Paleo Marin Rating 1-5 Persimmons
I try out these recipes so you don't have to (and modify them for Paleo where possible). The rating will reflect my opinion of the final result in terms of taste, ease of preparation, nutrition, and sometimes, cost.