|(Photo of Justin by parent at fundraiser)|
Do not take lightly small good deeds,
Believing they can hardly help
For drops of water, one by one
In time can fill a giant pot.*
The teachers bought them, and Justin, 5th grader at San Domenico School, raised almost $600 from all the bake sales to donate to Doctors Without Borders to help fight ebola.
Way to go, Justin! So proud of you!
Recipe from Elana’s Pantry (www.elanaspantry.com)
2 cups almond flour
1/8 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup palm shortening (Spectrum)
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup coconut sugar for dipping
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon for dipping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Put the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse to combine the ingredients.
2. Add the shortening and honey and pulse until well mixed.
3. Pick up 1 tablespoon of dough with a spoon, and roll it into a ball with your hands.
4. Dip the ball in a small bowl of water quickly.
5. Roll out the wet ball in coconut sugar and cinnamon to coat it. Repeat for all balls.
6. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
7. Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
8. Cool and serve.
Makes about 12 cookies.
#paleo #snickerdoodles #glutenfree #dairyfree #cookies #dessert #msf #doctorswithoutborders