Sunday, March 3, 2024

Retrospective of Yotam Ottolenghi on My Paleo Marin, or How I Learned to Cook + Selected Cookbooks

My Paleo Marin was started ten years ago to help me learn how to cook. As I reflect over almost 400 posts, one chef's recipes stand out as making me look like I knew what I was doing even though all I did was follow directions. Along with his successful restaurants in London (Nopi, Notting Hill, etc.), Chef Yotam Ottolenghi has written several cookbooks and also posts frequently online so everyone can make and enjoy his delicious food at home. A lot has changed in the world of food blogging since My Paleo Marin began, but the bottom line of presenting good quality recipes for the home cook is still the base line from which to start. Below is a Retrospective of Ottolenghi's recipes on the blog, and believe me, if I can cook these, anyone who has the motivation can, too.

My Paleo Marin Rating: 5 Persimmons*





Ottolenghi Recipes:

'Purple Rain' Blueberry Loaf Cake w/ Lemon Syrup (GF)




Mile High Soba Salad w/ Avocado, Pistachios, Crushed Cardamom Seeds, Herb & Lime

















Thai Green Papaya Salad (Paleo)








Savory Cauliflower Souffle (GF)











Citrus-Soaked Satsuma Almond Cake w/ Valrhona Chocolate Icing (GF)











Cracker Jack Beets w/ Caramelized Macademia Nuts, Yogurt and Red Pepper Flakes











Valrhona Spice Cookies











Potimarron Squash Soup w/ Saffron, Orange Zest and Caramelized Seeds








Green Cabbage & Red Curly Kale Slaw w/ Orange Sesame Dressing











Tomato Salad w/ Mascarpone + Wasabi Dressing









Pan-Fried Mackerel w/ Preserved Lemon 'Harissa' & Beet Orange Salsa




















Selected Ottolenghi Books:





#paleo #yotamottolenghi #cookbooks #blueberrycake #desserts #watermelonsalad #feta #sobasalad #greenpapayasalad #Thaicooking #cauliflower #almondflour #glutenfree #beets #macademianuts #spicecookies #Eastercookies #squashsoup #kalesalad #tomatosalad #mackerel #preservedlemons #harissa #goodeats #gourmetcookingathome

*My Paleo Marin Rating between 1-5 Persimmons

I try out these recipes so you don't have to (and modify them for Paleo where possible). The rating will reflect my opinion of the final result in terms of taste, ease of preparation, nutrition, and sometimes, cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment