Sunday, March 5, 2017

Almond Pear Cake w/ Cardamom & Vanilla (GF) (Vegan)

It may not be the prettiest cake on the block - but with only pears and maple syrup for sweeteners, no eggs, no dairy, and gluten free - it's definitely one of the healthiest.

Perfect for a coffee or tea break, find the tasty recipe from the Happy Hearted Kitchen here.*

*Note: I used Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour; added extra 1/2 Teaspoon cardamom and next time might add a bit more; and I baked the cake an extra 20 minutes at lower temperatures to get it to cook through and brown nicely.

My Paleo Marin Rating: 4.5 Persimmons*

#glutenfree #dairyfree #pears #almonds #cardamom #cake #dessert #hearthealthy #healthyeats #maplesyrup #teacake #lowsugar

*My Paleo Marin Rating between 1-5 Persimmons
I try out these recipes so you don't have to (and modify them for Paleo where possible). The rating will reflect my opinion of the final result in terms of taste, ease of preparation, nutrition, and sometimes, cost.








No comments:

Post a Comment