1 medium head cauliflower
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon ghee
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1. Wash the cauliflower and remove the center stem. Cut the florets into bite-sized pieces and set aside in a bowl.
2. Heat the oils in a large frying pan until hot. Add the cauliflower, turmeric, ginger and sea salt; quickly mix well. The heat allows the spices to release their flavors and the cauliflower to char (get dark spots). Turn the pieces with tongs or stir with a spoon to char the other side - about 2-4 minutes total.
3. Cover the pan with a tight lid (do not add water) and allow the cauliflower to steam on low heat for 8 -10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cauliflower is done when a fork slides in easily.
4. Add the coconut aminos and stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Taste for salt and spices.
4. Serve immediately as a side dish or main course.
#paleo #cauliflower #curry #Indian #glutenfree #nondairy #autoimmune
*Recipe from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook by Mickey Trescott, NTP