11 eggs, separated
6 tablespoons + 1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 Valrhona Guanaja 70% Baking Bar ($12.99)
1 Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar ($4.55)
4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Put a piece of parchment paper under the bottom of a 9" springform pan; insert the paper and bottom of pan in the ring and close it with the sides of parchment paper coming up the sides. Spray the bottom of the pan with butter or oil; sprinkle with sugar.
2. Separate eggs, being careful to not get any yolk in the whites.
3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
4. Weigh chocolate bars on a scale to measure 11 3/4 ounces. Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. When slightly warm, whisk in the yolk and sugar mixture in two batches. Set aside.
5. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and whisk on high until the whites form wet peaks. Fold the whites into the chocolate mixture. Immediately pour the batter into the pan.
6. Smooth the top of the cake with a spatula and put in oven for 35 - 45 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.
Serve immediately with Coconut Whipped Cream (Himalayan Mousse post of 9.14.14).
#paleo #glutenfree #chocolate #cake #desserts #nutfree #Valrhona