Fig, Date & Coconut Flake Bar:
1 cup dried figs
1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
1-1 /2 cups and 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. In a food processor, pulse figs and dates until they are combined, about 1 minute.
2. Add 1-1/2 cups coconut flakes, coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse several minutes until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
3. Roll mixture into 1” balls; flatten with your palm and cut into bars (reusing the sides), or leave as flat rounds.
4. Roll each bar or round in remaining 1/2 cup of coconut.
5. Put bars on a plate in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up the oil.
Store in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
#paleo #glutenfree #dairyfree #nutfree #autoimmune
Recipe adapted from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook