12 mushrooms, wiped clean, stems removed and finely chopped
1/2 cup pecans (or walnuts), toasted in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, chopped
2 tablespoons ghee, or olive oil (for strict vegan)
4 cups chopped baby spinach
1/2 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Fine sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1/3 cup olive oil to coat bottom of mushrooms and baking pan
Cilantro for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Prepare the mushrooms and nuts.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a large frying pan. Sauté the shallots for about 5 minutes. Add another teaspoon of oil and sauté spinach and chopped stems until softened - another couple of minutes.
3. Add the nuts, panko, and vinegar to taste; stir. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Rub the bottom of the mushrooms with olive oil (I poured the oil in my palm), and place them on an oiled baking sheet. Stuff the mushrooms with the vegetable mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes.
5. Let the mushrooms cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Serves 4, or one hungry teenager.
Recipe inspired from www.popsugar.com
#paleo #vegetarian #vegan #glutenfree #appetizer