1 package of Pad Thai Noodles
2 tablespoons ghee
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
White parts of 6 scallions, chopped; green parts chopped and set aside for later
1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
1 pound uncooked stir-fry beef, left as strips or cut into bite-sized pieces
Your choice of vegetables:
2 small red peppers, chopped
2 stalks broccoli heads, chopped into small florets
1 carrot, julienned
10 snow peas, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 tablespoon Red Boat fish sauce
1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
Lettuce leaves (optional)
1. Fill a large bowl with hot tap water. Submerge the Pad Thai noodles in the water and leave to soak until they are limp (about 8 - 10 minutes). Drain the noodles in a colander. Set aside.
2. Add the salt to the meat pieces and mix.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a wok or large cast iron pot. Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute. Add the ginger and cook until it is fragrant. Add the white part of the scallions and cook for about 1 more minute.
4. Add the beef and more oil as needed. Stir the meat with a wooden spoon constantly until it is cooked through.
5. Add the vegetables, one at a time, and stir fry them until slightly softened.
6. Add the fish sauce; stir. Add the coconut aminos; stir. Add the sugar; stir.
7. Put the noodles in the pan and mix everything together with tongs until the noodles are covered with the sauce and everything is well mixed.
8. Add the green part of the onions. Put on plates and add lettuce, cilantro or hot sauce as desired.
#paleo #glutenfree #dairyfree #eggfree #healthylifestyle #paleolife #foodblogger, #healthyfood #healthyrecipes #paleofood #paleodiet #nomnomnom #nutrition #patthai #thairecipes #beef #ricenoodles