Sunday, September 24, 2017

"Gobi Manchurian" ~ Cauliflower Indian/Chinese Fusion

Fools rush in.

I ordered this dish at the local Tashi Delek Tibetan restaurant and loved the blend of Indian and Chinese flavors.

I'll try to make it at home, I thought. 

This recipe delivered the flavors, but the florets weren't as crispy as I'd hoped. 

Next time, I think I'll follow Anthony Bourdain's lead and let the professionals cook. He ordered it at the Juhu Beach Club in Oakland (what he ate here). Sadly, The East Bay Express just announced that this restaurant is closing soon - a victim of its own success as the facility is now too small. So please do rush in to eat there! Or check for a restaurant in your local area with "Gobi Manchurian" on the menu, and take yourself out for a real treat.


Photo of Anthony Bourdain 
from Juhu Beach Club website
My Paleo Marin Rating:  
Homemade:2.5 Persimmons
Restaurant: 5 Persimmons

Ingredients and Directions:

See "Gobi Manchurian Dry Recipe" link here.


For Paleo; substitute arrowroot starch, gluten free flour, tomato sauce, and coconut aminos for soy sauce.

#paleo #cauliflower #Indian #Chinese #appetizer #glutenfree #paleo #fusion #gobi #manchurian 

*My Paleo Marin Rating between 1-5 Persimmons
I try out these recipes so you don't have to (and modify them for Paleo where possible). The rating will reflect my opinion of the final result in terms of taste, ease of preparation, nutrition, and sometimes, cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment