Sunday, August 27, 2017

Nom Nom Paleo Asian Meatballs + NYT Tomato Sauce

These meatballs were surprisingly tasty for dinner, but were raised to another level the next day when I tried to disguise a home-made sandwich for a store-bought one for my picky-eater daughter.

Getting a text too late to buy a meatball sandwich from Whole Foods, I decided to make one for her while she was in the shower. But as she "eats with her eyes," I thought about what the sandwich from the deli would look like: hard roll, and meatballs slathered in sauce.

I didn't have a roll, but luckily, I had seen a video for a 4-ingredient tomato sauce on a New York Times post earlier that morning. I only had 15 minutes to let the sauce cook down, but it was thick enough to cover up the meatballs from dinner - and when I returned to take her plate, the sandwich was gone.  “It was really good except for the bread,” she said, and was surprised when I told her I had made it.

So I’d say ditch the roll and enjoy these meatballs as an appetizer, snack, or main dish with this fabulous buttery tomato sauce - it totally saved the day!

My Paleo Marin Rating: 5 Persimmons

For the Meatballs: 

See Michelle Tan’s always lively Nom Nom Paleo website for “Asian Meatballs” recipe here.

For the NYT Tomato Sauce:

See "Marcella Hazen’s Tomato Sauce” video and recipe link here.

#paleo #meat #meatballs #asian #tomato #Italian #snack #maindish #appetizer #glutenfree 


*My Paleo Marin Rating between 1-5 Persimmons
I try out these recipes so you don't have to (and modify them for Paleo where possible). The rating will reflect my opinion of the final result in terms of taste, ease of preparation, nutrition, and sometimes, cost.




No comments:

Post a Comment