All the tasters for this recipe gave two thumbs up. It was obvious from the list of ingredients that this is the brownie we’ve all been waiting for, and it didn’t disappoint!
Wholesome Epic Gluten-Free Brownies*
2 ounces Valhrona Noir Guanaja chocolate, chopped
1/2 ounce Ghiradelli 60% chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup coconut oil, measured solid
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup Valhrona cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 ounces Ghiradelli 60% chocolate for sprinkling on top, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8” x 8” baking pan with parchment paper.
1. Add 2 inches of water in a saucepan, and place a wider metal bowl on top to make a double boiler. When the water boils, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the metal bowl, stirring constantly until it is smooth. Remove from heat, stir briskly with a wooden spoon until chocolate gets a sheen. Let cool a bit.
2. Put the almonds in a food processor and grind them to the consistency of a thick meal.
3. Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat until slightly thickened and frothy.
4. To the melted chocolate, add the almond meal, eggs, honey, sugar, vanilla, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Fold gently to mix well, and pour into the prepared pan.
5. Chop the remaining 4 oz. of chocolate and sprinkle on top of the batter.
6. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit on the bottom of a baking sheet. Wet the paper under running water and shake off the excess. Place it on the baking sheet, and put the brownie pan on top. It is very easy to burn the bottom of brownies; don’t overcook.
7. Check for doneness at 20-25 minutes. Bake until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool, then slice.
Makes 16 squares.
#paleo #brownies #chocolate #dessert
*Recipe adapted from the Truffles and Trends website.